Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mother / Daughter Weekend 2012...

My Mom, Sister and I have been talking about a yearly Mother/Daughter Weekend for many, many years. Life came up (work and babies) and we weren't able to get it together.
Until this year!
2012 marks the first annual get together and it was more fun than the three of us could have imagined!


We met up in Portland where there was plenty of shopping going on...


Do people really wear these kinds of shoes? I am either way too boring, old or classy to even think about wearing pink or blue hooker shoes. But I might wear a hat like this...


...if it would fit right! Crazy, induced laughter occured after I tried it on! As I was shifting the hat from side to side and trying to make it look right, I asked my sister, "How are you supposed to wear this hat?" She looked at me, lifted her eyebrows and responded with a "NOT like that"! I think both of us had tears rolling down our cheeks by the time I took it off. But doesn't it look cute on Nikki? She has a much more petite head. Mine is like a giant watermelon!


There was plenty of eating going on, too...


Extra cornbread croutons, please!


We went to Claim Jumpers where they brought out this petite piece of cake ;) Thank goodness we only ordered one for us to split (and we still took half of it home). It's appropriately named Chocolate Motherlode Cake and was featured on the Food Network as one of America's "Top 5 most decadent desserts". It was deeeeee-licious!

We enjoyed out hotel over looking the river.
 #418...

And there was plenty of chillin' going on in our room which led us to a few impromptu photo shoots...
.

We also enjoyed a lovely trip to the theatre where we were mesmerized by WICKED! I was on the edge of my seat the whole show. I loved, loved, loved it!


I am one lucky girl to have such an amazing mamma and sister!

I love them both to pieces and am so thankful we were able to get away!

Can't wait till next year :)

1 comment:

Tiffiny said...

Looks like as great weekend! You are 3 beautiful ladies!