Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Peace and Comfort...

I picked Megan up from school yesterday and the girls and I made a bee-line for a cute little park where we like to go and throw rocks and look for seashells.


It was a nice break from the regular routine and I let myself just sit and relax and think. I've had a rough go of it lately. The blues have struck me off and on and I can't seem to completely lift myself out of it. It's been a rough few months. A rough 6 months if I'm being honest. I've never felt more overwhelmed, tired and alone in all of my life. But as I sat on a log watching the girls play, the river started lapping little waves onto the shore right by my bare toes. My mind started to wander and the river started speaking to me with each little tumbling crash of water. It said...

"Don't worry"

tumble...crash

 "You are going to get through this"

crash

 "Hang in there"

And before you know it I felt an indiscribable warmth come over me. A feeling of peace and comfort. A feeling of reassurance that He is there. He is always there.  He had been listening to every prayer and had heard every tear.

I wasn't alone.


And then I was reminded of this Jeffery R. Holland quote that says, "Don't give up. Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead... You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

And you know what? I believe. I absolutely do believe!

1 comment:

Tiffini said...

Oh I miss you my friend! Aren't those moments of peace just priceless? Come move to Boise--we have more blue skies here(and two Les Schwabs!) :)