The strawberry fields were calling my name last week and I decided to take the kiddos to the farm for a good old fashion pickin'. All three of the kids are over 3 now and I felt it was time to introduce them to the joys of freshly picked, plump juicy strawberries. Is there anything more delicious then a berry right off the vine? YUM!!!
It was an incredibly gorgeous day in the Northwest as we headed out on our adventure. With pails, boxes and crates in hand, we walked and rode to our spot on the field.
The bushes were filled with big, ripe berries so the picking was fairly easy and fast. And although the kids picked one and ate three...picked one and ate three...we still filled our containers quickly.
When it was time to head to the front to pay, Megan didn't want to go. She said there were so many good berries left to pick and she didn't want to leave any behind. To say she loved picking berries would be an understatement. I think that girl could have stayed there all day if i had let her!
Once we paid for the berries and put them in the car we went for a tractor ride. Right there on the tractor there was a sign that said, "Please pay for your berries before you eat them". I had to laugh because the kids faces were just covered in red berry juice. Ummmmm...I think they may have ate a few :)
We were able to come home with 23 pounds of strawberries! I made some delicious strawberry shortcake with coconut whipped cream. Yes...summer is off to a good start around here :)
1 comment:
Coconut whipped cream!?! Holy YUM!
We haven't gone berry picking yet this summer. But I surely cannot wait to go now that I know about coconut whipped cream!!!
Post a Comment