Most of my childhood memories include my sister, Nikki. She was my best pal growing up. During our youngest of years, we shared a bedroom and slept in these really cool yellow and green bunkbeds that my Dad built. You know the bright 70's yellow and green...yea, it was cool! I can remember playing in our room for hours, climbing the ladder, building forts and just being together. We loved being in the same room so much that when we moved to "The Ranch" and each had our own bedrooms, I would always ask to sleep in Nikki's room on the weekends. We kept this up for years because we enjoyed being together, talking late in to the night and giggling. There is just something special about sisters.
So, when Ellie came into our bedroom last Friday night and asked if Megan could have a sleepover in her bed (mind you, the two share a bedroom but we had never had them sleep in the same bed before), we agreed and my heart melted as she screeched out of the room shouting, "Megan! Megan! They said YES!!" They were beyond excited and so was I as I starting thinking about the special bond that these two share and the great memories that they are making together as sisters.
Megan and Elise - First Sleepover
February 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment