Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Harvest Festival

Well, the Fall Harvest Festival is over and now life can resume to normal! Being the Activities Chair is a very interesting calling. I have nothing to do for weeks but a couple days before the event...I am utterly consumed!
Here are a few pics from the night..
Welcome!

This was my favorite pumpkin but it didn't win the Pumpkin Carving Contest :(
After the Bishopric deliberated over the many, many pots of chili Edgar Fields came out the winner and took home the grand prize...this beautiful fall mum.

(Ben is working on the fall leaves wreath that we set up for the children's craft. Notice his VERY wet shirt.
He won at apple bobbing...picking the apple up from the stem, clever boy!)


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and throwing this party is really quite fun. It seems to be a hit with our ward because there is so much for the kiddos to enjoy such as...apple bobbing, donuts on a string, apple cider press, fall craft, pumpkin contest and plenty of delicious food. When the little ones are happy and entertained...the parents can relax and have fun, too.

Happy Fall!

11 comments:

Paige said...

The party was really really fun! I admire you guys for being able to put together such a huge event for so many people. You thought of so many little details that really made it special. Kudos to you!

Shannon b said...

It was a great party! I loved that you had the craft project set up for the kids. My kids also really enjoyed the donuts on a string, and Scott enjoyed the pumpkin pie. :)

Aundrea said...

That's always one of our favorite activities, especially now that I'm not ON activities anymore! You did a great job!

Rochelle said...

The party was fun, thanks for all your hard work putting it toghether. And I agree with you we should make it a ward tradition.

Anonymous said...

I think it went well! The hard work definitely paid off. And other than those apple bobbing rebels I had to deal with I felt that things went smoothly. Now we have the Christmas party to work on :)

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for all of your hard work! My family had such a great time. I must tell you, one of my favorite parts of the evening was watching Ben with the donut on the string. His technique was hysterical!

Marie said...

You guys did a great job! I enjoy the activities so much more now that I'm not in charge and I know it's in good hands!

Merilee said...

looks like a ton of fun!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Again, It was a great party!!!

Darilyn said...

I wish we had one of those! Next year invite us! What a great job Jodi.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I could have seen Ben bob for those apples.
Love ya,
Nik