Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Guess How Much I Love You...

Ben and I love to read together. We used to do it all the time before Megan arrived but now we have to strategically plan it during naps if we want to get some really good reading in. We have a specific spot on the couch and a blanket that we cozy up with (even in the summer, a blanket is a must. It's like peanut butter and jelly...they just go together). We can sit for hours reading one book after another. I love it. During one of our recent escapades, we were reading Guess How Much I Love You? by Sam Mcbratney. It is one of my favorites. The characters Little Nutbrown Hare and his Dad, Big Nutbrown Hare, compare eachother's love throughout this heartwarming tale. On this day, we were about half way through the book when Ben asked...

Ben..."Where is Little Nutbrown Hare's mommy?"

Me..."I don't know, Ben. Where could she be?"

Ben..."She's probably at BUNCO."

Evidently I don't get out enough. The only time Ben and I are apart is the one night a month I sit with friends and roll dice. Pathetic :)

14 comments:

Aundrea said...

LOL! I seriously *love* your Ben stories! We'll just have to remedy that and get you away a little more than Bunco:)

Michelle said...

What an observant boy! We must have read that book a million times and none of my kids ever noticed the mommy isn't in it, either that or they just assume she's trapped in the laundry room under a mountain of laundry!

Paige said...

Okay, if I had drink in my mouth, it would be all over the monitor. That is TOO TOO funny. What a crack up. I think for your journal that you leave to your great great grandchildren you should alter Ben's words to say, "She must be out doing her visiting teaching and serving the sick and afflicted..."

Darilyn said...

I wish we were remedying that this weekend. I'm gonna miss ya!

Rochelle said...

I love Ben stories too. He is so flippin cute. Your going to have to play a round of BUNCO with him. He'd probably love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That is HILARIOUS! (I agree with Paige -- I would've had spit marks all over the place).
My goodness, that is just too funny.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Such a cute boy. You are such a good mom to sit and read for hours, you definately deserve more breaks.

Merilee said...

That is so great! Kids crack me up!

Julee and Matt said...

That is way too cute!

Toshia said...

That is way too cute! I am glad that you make it to BUNCO, it seems to be the only time I get to laugh with you :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love that book!!! What a sweet moment :)

Nicole said...

HA, HA!!! That has got to be the funniest story I've heard in a while. I love it!!!

Dannielle said...

That's funny!!! I definitely need to read more with my kids and I liked the quote about journals from Pres. Hinckley. I need to do that more too.

Kelly said...

HA!!!! I love your Ben stories!!!