Friday, January 4, 2008

Hello 2008...

I am ready for you! I am ready for a fresh start. It is a new year and I love the many possibilities that life has in store for me. As I look ahead at 2008 I find myself with a deep hope for change. A change of focus.

The last few years have been good but I have been letting 'life' just happen to me. I have been going with the flow not really taking charge of my life. This is the year for me to stop sitting back and watching but to take a hold of the reigns and LIVE FULLY.

I read this recently and it really struck me...

First I was dying to finish High School and start college. And then I was dying to finish college and start working. And then I was dying to marry and have children. And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to my career. And then I was dying to retire. And now I am dying...and I suddenly realized that I forgot to live.

Author Unknown


This is going to be my year to LIVE FULLY.
Live passionately.

Live out loud.
Live without fear.

Live in focus.
Live in the present.
Live with a love for life.

Live with intention.
LIVE FULLY!

2008...watch out because I am going to OWN YOU!

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

WOW! I love that story and I love your post! Im with you all the way girl, watch out 2008 it's time to live!

Five Bees in the Triangle said...

I really enjoyed your recent posts, particularly about saying "goodbye" to all the things that knocked us down in 2007. Here's to owning 2008!

Shannon b said...

That is a perfect goal! It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from last year. "She {insert 'Jodi'} designed a life she loved."

Toshia said...

I totally agree! This year is the one to start living in. Come what may, live it.

Aundrea said...

I'm glad I'm your friend and can tag along with you, and maybe learn a thing or two:)

Candy said...

I love it! That is the thing I needed to hear. Thank you for reminding me to live for the here and now and not just think of what might have been or what might be - you are awesome!

Darilyn said...

Love you Jodi! Once again, an inspiring post.

Anonymous said...

Loved the goodbye and hello posts. I love the thought of "owning" 2008. What a great attitude.

Cavanaugh Family said...

Hi Jodi~

I love the "Goodbye 2007..." Oh so true all of it! I love the new page it looks great. Well here is to another year...Live it Fully my dear. I love you guys and miss you. Lets try and get together soon. Jess

Marie said...

I like that quote you put in -it's a good one to remember and I believe you will take charge and have a great 2008!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

YOU GO GIRL! I am pumped up now! 2008, BRING IT ON, IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD. I love that poem, so so true. I am with Aundrea, so glad to be your friend and learn from you.

Nikki said...

Thanks for the sweet reminder of what life is all about! I loved that. Happy 2008!