Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Bucket List...

I few weeks ago I went and saw the movie Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Both of the characters only have a short time to live and they set about doing the things that mean the most to them before they kick the bucket. Good movie. It made me think. I love movies that make me think. So, instead of sitting back and just thinking about the movie (this is not my year to sit...remember...this is my year to LIVE FULLY) I have decided to create a bucket list of my own.

1. Visit every large temple in America
2. Write a children’s book
3. Help build a Habitat for Humanity home
4. Learn to play the piano
5. Volunteer at a soup kitchen on a holiday
6. Visit Australia
7. Take my children to Disneyland
8. Go to the Oprah Winfrey show
9. Skydive
10. Run the Butte to Butte on the 4th of July
11. Ride in a helicopter
12. Learn a second language
13. Go on a cruise
14. Hot air balloon ride
15. Teach seminary
16. Teach aerobics (again)
17. Go jet skiing in Hawaii with Jamie
18. Read the Bible…cover to cover
19. Flip a house
20. Learn to can
21. Plant a vegetable garden
22. Walk Portland to Coast
23. Create a crafting space…just for me!
24. Create my own business on the internet...selling jewelry
25. Take a photography class

This list is sure to grow...stay tuned.

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love your list I might have to talke half of them for my list. Lets do the photography class together.
And read Bible cover to cover, that is a good one.

Aundrea said...

Great list! I know you can do anything and everything on it! I loved that movie so much!!

Toshia said...

Nice list, I have yet to see that movie but I want to. Have fun with checking things off your list!

Kelli said...

I love your list. I have had a bucket list for a few years and haven't been able to do very many things yet:( Oprah is on my list too:)

Shannon b said...

That is a FABULOUS list! And I know you can accomplish every single one!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Great list, again you have inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, you have some good ones on there! Live it up, girl!!!

Kelly said...

Awesome list! And you just let me know when you visit any of the temples in Texas and we'll have to get together. And you should totally teach again. You are such an inspiring person and would be AWESOME GIRL!!!

Darilyn said...

This is a fantastic list. Oprah is in my list too. Maybe we should get a group of people together. I'll teach you how to can this summer. What do you want to can? Let me know and I'll plan for it.

Nicole said...

They all sound like great goals!

Merilee said...

What??!! You want to sky dive? I had no idea you were so gutsy! Let's take a photography class together.

Julee and Matt said...

What great things...there are a few I will be more than willing to so with you!