Monday, April 21, 2008

Excitement overload...

Last summer I was introduced to Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and went for days neglecting my kids as I devoured the series. What a fun love story. Imagine the surprise and excitement that circulated when our little town was chosen as one of the filming sites. People were abuzz with Bella, Edward and Jacob sitings. Many of my friends enjoyed hours of fun peeking inside Charlie's house, evaluating the character's cars (stars in their own right) and taking pictures with the cast and crew of the upcoming movie.

When my friend, Rochelle won a local radio contest to be a VIP guest on the Twilight set we were on excitement overload! A group of us decided to head downtown to see if we could catch a glimpse of Rochelle and Paige frolicking with the stars! We were perched up on a hill wishing we were a tad bit closer to the action when a friend of ours from the ward, who is a local police officer in town and who just happened to be on duty that night providing extra security for the set, waved us down to tell us the good news...He had 'hooked us up'! He had made friends with the assistant director, T. Coe, who gave him permission to bring us up close and personal.
EEEEEKKKKK!


We were right in the middle of everything...producers, camera people, lighting techs and of course the stars (we saw Bella and Edward on set) and their doubles. We watched as they filmed the scene where Bella is confronted by a group of drunk frat boys in Port Angeles. It will probably take up about 2 or 3 minutes in the movie but the scene took more than 2 hours to film. I found the technical side of filming a movie to be extremely fascinating.

Midway through our once in a lifetime experience I turned to my friend, Aundrea and whispered, "I'm really trying to remain calm and composed here but on the inside I feel like a 15 year-old school girl!" I was so freakin' excited!

(This is my giddy look!) He He!

What a fun adventure with my girlfriends!

A night I won't soon forget :)

10 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Did that really happen...were we really there? That was so exciting!

Darilyn said...

Your hair looks good for the occasion too. Can't wait to see you this friday!

Nicole said...

What a freakin' blast!!

Aundrea said...

So much fun! And, you did such a good job of looking cool and collected...I never would've guessed you were feeling like a 15 year old:)

Julee and Matt said...

You are too cute! I can totally hear you give a little school girl scream inside. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Dani said...

I envy you! I love those books! Everyday I check the Stephenie Meyer website to see what the latest news is with the movie! If anyone down here where I live were game, I'd totally go up and try to catch a glimpse of the set, stars, etc.! How fun, Jodi! I'm so glad you shared your adventure with us! I think it is so exciting that they are filming that movie here in our beautiful state! I can't wait to see it! Keep us posted on any other cool Twilight Movie news and movie star sightings you may happen to stumble upon!

Rochelle said...

I feel like Jenn! I'll just dito her!!! ;0)

sheila said...

I'm glad that you all had a great time!

Tonya said...

You are so LUCKY! I just finished the third book and I am so excited to see the movie! So, is Edward cute? Because in the pictures of him on Stephenie's website he doesn't do a thing for me. I want hot, chiseled man, dang it! What a fun experience:0)

rachel said...

Me = Green with envy