We spent the 4th of July this year with family and good friends. My parents joined us for a mid-day BBQ of steaks, corn on the cob and baked potatoes hot off the grill and a few other goodies. YUM. My Dad, Jamie and Ben even got in a few games of cribbage. A family favorite.

I know it is a little blurry but I had to throw this picture in here. I just love my parents and think they are the cutest. It makes me smile that they are still happy and in love after 41 years.

Later, we met up with good friends downtown for the local festivities and fireworks display.
Rochelle brought some of her delicious cupcakes. They were extremely festive!
We took Ben around to a few carnival games.
And then Jamie decided to have Ben be Rocky Balboa...

Gladiator style.

A velcro wall...
and a little play area at the park.
What was Megan doing this whole time, you ask? She was eating. She can sniff food out from anyone, anywhere and she will BEG until she gets some. Got to love that girl's spunk!
And yes...he DID wear this hat ALL NIGHT. I love my goofy husband!
Once the sun went down we bundled up and prepared for the fireworks. I love this shot of my mom and Ben as they took in the show.
I love living in a small town and enjoying such a strong sense of community.
It was a good day.
4 comments:
I love the stick family! It rocks along with the angelic mommy! The 4th was so much fun and I enjoyed getting to know your parents!
What a fun day. Small town 4th of July's are the best thing ever. Chris is from Harrisburg and they have the best 4th of July. We absolutely love it.
I am so glad you moved here!
This post made me a little jealous we weren't here to spend it with you:)
Post a Comment