My kids stayed at my Mom and Dad's while we were in the hospital having Elise. They love going to Grandma and Grandpa's but this time the stay was rather long...8 days. I guess by about day 6 Ben was ready to come home because he was missing us and he wanted to get his hands on his new baby sister. This is the conversation we had over the phone the day before they came home...Ben: I miss you, Mom.
Me: I miss you, too.
Ben: Grandma says I am *homesick*.
Me: I'm sorry! You get to come home tomorrow and I can't wait to see you!
Ben: Mommy, are you *Bensick*?
Me: (Smile)
10 comments:
What a sweet boy! I am sure he was as glad to be back home as you were to get him back!
That is so cute! I think you should start a dictionary of all the cute words your kids make up!It will be a hoot later in life to pull it out and read!
That is so sweet! Who couldn't help but be "Bensick"?!
How cute is that? Hope all is going well with Elise and hope you are feeling okay.
How sweet!!
I get kidsick when my kiddos are gone! Very sweet story!
I bet you were glad to have them all back with you - but how nice to have such a great mom to help you out!
Isn't it wonderful when they miss you!
Good grief how entirely sweet is that?! And just look at his darling picture, I would be "Bensick" too!
So wonderful to witness your sweet families special day yesterday; Elise's blessing, your testimonies, Ben loving on Megan, Megan giving the most melt your heart hugs to her Papa, your mom and sister snuggling and admiring baby Elise, and so many more sweet moments I couldn't help but notice sitting behing you guys! I just love your sweet family. And btw, you looked GREAT yesterday for a sleep deprived mother of "3" who recenlty had surgery! Sheesh!
Wow, I just realized HOW sweet I really found all that to be, considering I used that word like 4 times in ONE paragraph! What can I say, I was touched by it all!
Post a Comment