My water broke just as February 3rd rolled into the quiet of our darkened room at home. 2:30 am. I quickly called for Jamie and we enjoyed the moment with giggles, slight panick at the unknown of it all and utter excitement...knowing our little babe would soon be here. I shuffled around the house gathering last minute necessities to take to the hospital while Jamie called our neighbor to come sleep on the couch and watch over our two other munchins. The streets were relatively quiet at 3:30 in the morning as we drove to the hospital.
We settled into our spacious room and then the nurses came in and hooked me up to all kinds of monitors as I endured a few more mild contractions. I wasn't officially in labor...the contractions weren't consistent but due to my water breaking they had to keep me at the hopital until the baby arrived. As the sun rose up over the city, my doctor came in smiling at my hopes for a vaginal delivery.
My mom and Dad arrived a few hours later and then my sister shortly there after. It was a party! We told stories and talked for hours and they helped me breath through more contractions as the hours rolled on.
I was still not officially in labor although I was having contractions every 4 to 5 minutes. It was time to do something...make a decision. The doctor convinced us that the baby and I were at relatively low risk for a uterine rupture so we decided to be induced. We started with a low dose of pitocin and gradually increased it until I was in full blown labor. The next 4 to 5 hours I labored until my doctor approached and told me my blood pressure had dropped and so had the babies. It was time to have another C-section. After a few tears of dissappointment, we got ourselves prepared for surgery.
At 4:54 our last little link arrived in the world and a feeling of completeness comsumed me. Elise Lynn entered this world round, pink and perfect.
Ellie...you are beautiful...you are here...and you are mine. I love you.
6 comments:
how wonderful that you've got one more, unique birth story to cherish! And a cute baby to boot!
I love that you had a sweet new experience! What a beautiful day it turned out to be!
I love birth stories! BTW: can I just say (probably not the first to do so) I can see Jamie in her face a lot!
she is a perfect last link:) Can't wait to see her again!
I'm so glad you got to experience the excitment of having your water break! It is exciting! She's beautiful!
This brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet and tender post. Oh how I miss that fresh from Heaven stage. My baby is getting too close to a year old. Enjoy every stinkin minute!!
Post a Comment