Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ben Jammin'...

Intervention...
Ben approached me recently with a VERY serious face and an equally serious concern. "Mom," he said, "we have to talk to Dad about drinking in the car." (Most people know that Jamie has a LARGE cup that he takes with him most places including the car.) I didn't understand the worry in his face. Why would we need to talk to Jamie about drinking *pop* in the car? "Mom, he is not supposed to drink and drive. It's against the LAW!"
T-Ball...
Although it has been raining with force lately...that hasn't stopped the fearless leaders of T-ball to cancel practice! Ben has a fabulous team of coaches this year (seriously...there are like 6 coaches on the field ALL THE TIME). It' awesome. He is already learning a ton and having a great time with many of the same kids with whom he goes to school.

Together Forever...
This is Ben's 3rd year in Primary and Sunday was the first time he has given a talk in Primary. Can you believe it? When we sat down to prepare the talk, I decided HE should come up with all of the ideas and I would write them down for him. This way it would be easier for him to remember when the time came to give the talk AND he would learn something. The theme in Primary this month is: Family Members have Important Responsibilities. This is what he came up with...

Each person in my family has important responsibilities.
My Dad goes to work each day and helps us keep our house, food and toys.
My Dad teaches me things like how to be thankful and about the gospel.

My Mommy stays home and helps me with whatever I need help with.
She helps me when I am sick.
She helps me clean up my toys.
She makes me food.
She teaches me how to pray.

I have important responsibilies, too.
I clean up my toys.

And I am a good big brother to my two little sisters.

I feel happy being part of a family and

I am thankful we can be together forever.

As he spoke he held up pictures to go along with the words. He did a great job! We were VERY proud of our little man.

Bowl of Milk...

(WARNING>>>If you have problems with a woman lactating...stop reading now!)Sitting at the dinner table last night...I looked down and noticed a little leakage. Actually A LOT of leakage. I made a funny noise like "Whoa" and Ben asked what was wrong. As I quickly hopped up to grab Ellie, wake her and start to feed her...Jamie explained to Ben that I was leaking a little bit of milk. He hopped right out of his chair and ran to the kitchen cabinet. When asked what he was doing he replied, "I'm getting a bowl for mommy so she can catch the milk."

Jammin'...
Ben's favorite part of the day...Jammin' in our Jammies. Each night as part of our bedtime routine we crank up some good music and clean up the mess that has accumulated over the day. When things are all cleaned up we meet in the living room for some groovy dancing. We each take a turn showing off our best moves which usually consist of 'the lawnmower' or 'the shopping cart' or (Jamie's favorite) 'the sprinkler'.

It's a great way to end the day!

18 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Ben's sweet talk! And worrying about drinking and driving- too funny!

sheila said...

Jamie and his cup...
I love the jammin in your jammies. Maybe when I stop working and become a fun mom, we'll try that!

Paige said...

I love your jammin in jammies idea. Ben is such a great kid. :)

Aundrea said...

I hope Jaime never gets pulled over with that LARGE open container in his truck:) He'd have a hard time talking himself outta that mess!

You guys are a great, fun family. I love all the traditions you have.

Dani said...

That is one impressive church talk! Wow! Go Ben! What a cute little boy :) I enjoyed reading all your cute little stories about him :)

Tiffiny said...

Too fun, I think I want to join your family!

rachel said...

I love that Ben went to grab a bowl for the milk!
What a cute little guy.

Shannon b said...

all such cute stories! I love the jammin' in your jammies - what a great idea for family bonding.

Anonymous said...

Love the talk and the stories!

Before we moved here we used to do the same thing each night with the boys, and just let them rock out for a while. But for some reason we stopped?! Hmmmm, I miss it now :)

I think you need to do a post in dedication to this "cup" we have heard about on a couple of occasions :) I myself have seen it, but I think it deserves a special entry in your family history!

Rochelle said...

There is a reason Jer calls him Benjammin! I laughed out loud at the bowl of milk!

Krista Lou Cook said...

I love it! I love the fact that you have a husband that will go along with it!

Chelsea said...

Congrats on your baby!!! How exciting for you. I hope you can get some sleep here and there.

Julee and Matt said...

Oh...thank you for this post. I needed a good laugh today. Ben's talk is way to sweet, and I love that Jamie is drinking and driving...too funny. But my favorite is Ben went to get you a bowl! How I can relate!

Toshia said...

Thanks for the belly laugh about the milk bowl!! The boys are always asking me questions about the milk and they are struggling to understand that whole thing:)

Tiffini said...

What a funny kid! I love the hole in his jammies--my boys have those too!

Marie said...

Fun, fun bedtime routine! I just laughed at your bowl of milk story and Ben gave a great talk in Primary. Sounds like you guys are adjusting to 3 kiddos quite nicely. (I don't know if that's correct English :)

Tonya said...

O.K. the dance moves before bed time just made me laugh! Jamie doing the sprinkler and Ben doing what appears to be the running man is just hilarious!!!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Jammie Jammin' sounds like the perfect way to pick up and wrap up the day. A good stress reliever for a good nights sleep! Your family pictures were all great, I love the personality they radiate.