Thursday, March 19, 2009

Have you ever...

Last night was good night. I got to get out of the house BY MYSELF for the first time in 6 weeks. As I left to go to the grocery store (at 8:45pm) Jamie hollers, 'have fun'. This is a standing joke with us...as if going to the grocery store is a fun outing for a stay-at-home mom. However, this time he was right...I was going to have a rip-snortin' good time down at the local Safeway. Jamie's well wishes occurred as I was walking down aisle 8, looking at cereal when the 80's tune 'Chains of Love' by Erasure came over the radio speakers. "Don't give up...Don't give up now...because together with me and my baby break the Chains of Love".


Some of you may not know this but I was a big Erasure fan back in the day. (Shout out to my girl, Jenny Barnwell. I always think of her and stake dances when I hear this song. What ever happened to her anyway? ) Well, I don't know if it was the late hour, my sleep deprived state or pure insanity but I COULD NOT STOP SINGING and I had to get a little groove on right there in front of the Cracklin' in Oat Bran. It felt good, I tell ya and the shelving employee, who couldn't be more than 18, didn't seem to mind. I think he was an Erasure fan, too (Oh mercy...he wasn't even a twinkle in his mom and dad's eyes yet. Maybe he was just trying to pick up my moves for the next Spring Fling.)
The fun didn't stop there! A couple aisles later I stumbled upon a new item...Romano's Macaroni Grill Boxed Meals. AND, they were on sale. Can you even imagine my delight!?! I was giddy. Can't wait to whip one up for dinner.
SO...here's to letting loose, having some fun and getting my grooooooove back!

14 comments:

sheila said...

I think that shopping without my kids counts for a good time. You had a better shopping experience than me last night, that's for sure. I had all of the girls and we were paying for the oil change in Brian's car (being the nice wife I am to get his errands done while he is out of town) and Olivia proceeded to puke ALL over me. And the floor. And herself. It was like a garden hose coming out of her mouth. I was glad though that it happened at the store where somebody else got to clean up the mess than at home on my new carpet... is that bad?

Dani said...

I can relate. Its nice to get out, especially by yourself even if it is just to the store! I was a big erasure fan, too! "How can I explain when there are few words I can choose..." I still enjoy listening to them every once and a while! I loved going to dances- I miss that in a way- dancing is fun! I keep telling my husband that someday we need to go out dancing! I know I've forgotten a lot of my moves though. I'm sure I'll get my groove back though someday! Have you tried to find Jenny on Facebook? She was a very cool girl- both you and her were just the coolest! You're only a year or two older than me but we all thought you and Jenny were soooo cool! And you guys were so nice, too. I have great girls camp memories :) Anyhow, this was a fun post to read! I'm glad you've got your groove back, baby!

Darilyn said...

I can just picture you dancin in the aisle. You go girl!

Aundrea said...

I love shopping without the kids! Did they have Carmela's Chicken in a box?? I better get a lunch invite if they do:)

Anonymous said...

You know I thought of you a while ago when I bought some of those and almost called you to tell you! I knew you would be happy :) How wonderful that you got to get away for a while last night. I finally left the house myself for the first time in 7 days!!! Way to get your "groove on".

Natalee said...

You're crazy funny! You go girl...I've seen you when your groove was at it's grooviest!

Michelle said...

Good for you for taking your moments of fun and freedom where ever you can! Now I totally have to find that song so I can listen to it, it's been too long!

Tiffiny said...

I LOVE grocery shopping. Preferably without kids but even with them I have a good time. And I can just imagine you "cutting the rug" to quote one Daymain Hughes, in the aisle! Takes me back to the Ivy Tower and your polka dot dress!

rachel said...

If you want, I could get ahold of her dad's email address for you...

I'm glad Safeway was so liberating for you!! :)

Rylie said...

I am still a HUGE Eurasure fan! Great song too. I don't know that i've ever had quite that great of an experience at the grocery store. Way to get you groove on. That's hilarious! So, about the Macaroni Grill dinners, how many do they feed? They sound yummo:0)

Rylie said...

Oh man! My Rylie was logged in. It's me Tonya:0)

Julee and Matt said...

How I can relate! I think shopping with no kids is lots of fun. :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I think we can all relate. I so wish I were a little fly on that Cracklin' Oak Bran. :0)
You know I have never, ever been to the macaroni grill, something about the name ditures my meat loving man.

Anonymous said...

I loved hearing about your little outing! I was laughing so hard thinking about you dancing in the grocery store! :) I wish I could have been there. XOXO Nik