*Megan has become a big girl overnight. While changing Megan's diapers...her bum seems to have grown. Can't believe how big she has become now that little Ellie is here.
*We have eaten at Taco Bell, McDonald's and KFC more than I care to admit.
*I am a 'morning shower' kind of gal. The last few weeks my showers have come at any and all times of the day. Whenever I can fit one in but it usually is NOT the morning. I would rather sleep.
*Our morning routine takes A LOT longer than it did a month ago.
*Our bed has remained unmade for weeks.
*If you need a listening ear at 3 in the morning...call me. Most likely, I will be up.
*The TV is on WAY more than normal. The scheduled TV time has gone out the window and has been replaced with..."You want to watch TV? PLEASE!?"*On the weekends, Jamie makes breakfast, lunch and dinner! This is unheard of.
*We have been eating off of paper plates. Less dishes. Love it.
*Jamie calls during the middle of the day to 'check on us' which really means..."Jodi, do you still have your sanity or do I need to rush home and save our children" ;)
*We spend many hours of the day staring at our new little babe.
All is well here. The transition from 2 to 3 is going good...not as hard as I had pictured in my head. I'm sure many of these changes aren't permanent but we are still trying to figure it all out. In the mean time...a messy bed and a cheeseburger from McD's works just fine.
Change is good.
13 comments:
My calendar quote for the month of February said "CHANGE is life giving. It helps us grow into someone greater than we already are."
And you and your family have definitely "grown" into something greater than you already were!
Hang in there, savor it, just as you are doing, and when you are retired and the kids are gone then you can crawl into your nicely made bed each night and smile looking back on these moments, missing them SO much. It's all so bittersweet isn't it?!
We frequent McD's and Taco Bell ourselves, and I don't even have a newborn! Sad, I know :)
You are a great mom! Seems the adaptation is going well!!
Hey, whatevery works! Just think, you are helping our economy by eating out so much:)
Glad Jaimie "checks" on you during the day...Come to think of it, maybe that's why Kelly calls during the day too!
Hang in there. You'll get a schedule going soon. It probably won't be like the old one, but it will work for ya!
Taht was hilarious, though do you really think you should have said that Megans bum has grown? C'mon, she's a girl, these kind of things have lasting effects on us:)
I'm glad to hear that you are adjusting well. I have to say that I have come to prefer the nighttime shower, but I have four kids and have had to adapt to that. It makes my mornings so much smoother if I am not fighting for time for me to get ready.
That first little while is always rough trying to figure it all out. You are doing fantastic. You have an amazing family and I'm so glad that you have a supportive husband.
Oh Jodi...you are so cute! It will all come together eventually! I still feel the same as you on many days and I don't have a brand new baby! :-)
We went to paper plates also...saves on water and having so many dishes to do! Great move!
Keep being the wonderful mom that you are! Hugs!
Oh my friend...can I relate! Call my in the middle of the night, you know I will be up with you. :) No big deal to have unmade beds, TV and take out...in a few months no one will remember. I love you!
Those first couple of months are crazy!! I am a morning shower person too--I go crazy on days I have to wait.
First, I love that picture of Ben and his new sister! How sweet! I had to laugh at Jamie's calls. Paul started calling on his lunch break when Rowan was born, and here almost 6 years later he's still calling everyday at lunch. I guess I must not seem sane enough yet;) Hang in there through those sleepless nights and fast food days, it will all quiet down soon enough.
Hang in there - life just getter better and sweeter!
Very sweet picture of Ben jammin' and the babe!
You have such a cute family and an awesome husband who checks on you!
I love it! You are awesome. I am so glad 2 to 3 wasn't too hard on you. And I am a firm believer in the TV as a babysitter when all else fails!
I don't think I could survive without Taco Bell!!
Your little Ellie is DARLING, Jodi. Enjoy every single stinkin moment because, before you know it, she'll be ELEVEN MONTHS OLD and ready to turn 1 yr. :(
Post a Comment