Friday, October 15, 2010

Hunting...

For weeks and weeks Ben asked "How many more days until I go deer hunting?" When the day finally arrived, I thought he was going to POP. He was sooooo excited.
Here are his thoughts on the 2010 deer hunting experience...


The tent was cool. Our beds were like flat things that you could flip over and you sleep on top (a cot).

My favorite thing I ate while I was at camp was sausage for dinner (thanks Nana).

We played 31 (a card game) for all kinds of candy. I won a few times. Papa kept getting bad cards and he lost a lot. It was like the worst bad card day for him EVER.

We climbed the logs when we went out to hunt. There was like a jungle of them that were stacked on top of each other and it was NOT easy. It was like the ultimate play structure.

Grandpa got a deer. I thought it was pretty cool.

We ate icecream at the Haunted House. I call it the Haunted House because someone who looks like a witch works there.

We sat around the campfire at night and heard lots and lots of stories...hunting stories (his eyes lit up when he shared this thought). My favorite story was the one where Dad had all those deers out of like a tunnel, single file and at the end there was a five point and he shot it and it went straight down to the ground.

No doubt, deer hunting is a tradition he will enjoy for many, many years to come!

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

ooo, I have to wonder what the witch at the Haunted House looked like. :)

Anonymous said...

my boys are wanting to tag a long with Todd SO bad, and he keeps telling them their day will come :) I think it's so special to see fathers and sons, AND grandpas do this together ... and I love how you recorded it in Ben's words!

Anonymous said...

Jodi: You have lost your little boy to hunting forever! Grandpa thinks it is great and he was so glad to learn that Ben had a great experience and that he loved that Grandpa Burton got a deer. Our little boy is growing up too fast!

Love ya, Mom (Grandma & Grandpa)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.