I am grateful to be a stay-at-home mom. I went on a walk Monday pushing the girls in the double stroller and felt so grateful for the beautiful sunshine (it has been a LONG, wet winter), a healthy body and my girls who love to be outdoors. I enjoyed walking through the quiet neighborhoods, feeling the breeze on my face, working up a sweat as I climbed some hills and listening to Megan count the yellow fire hydrants. She got to 10 before she needed my help with the #'s. Good girl, Meg.
I'm grateful for the mornings when my kids hustle to get ready and I am able to sit down with them for a nice breakfast and a story. A few months back I was surprised with Ben's reply when I asked him who was his favorite scripture hero. He said the only scripture story he knows is the 2000 Stripling Warriors so that is his favorite. I was shocked...'the only one he knows'?? A plan was put in place shortly there after. Every morning time allowed, I would pull out a story from the Gospel Art Kit and read it to them. The kids have loved it and ask me for a story when I forget. I am grateful for their eargerness to learn the gospel. Their minds are like little sponges, just soaking it all up. And I am grateful for the spirit that is brought into our home as we read and discuss the stories from the scriptures.
A little over a week ago, Jamie and I attended Ben's spring school conference. I am grateful for a boy who works hard. I am grateful for the intelligent mind he has been blessed with. I am grateful for a straight A report card :)
A sweet, little girl spoke in Primary last week about friendship. She talked about choosing good friends and she continued to say that if you don't have any friends or you have felt left out, excluded or lonely, you always have a friend in Jesus. How grateful I am to know this truth, that I am never alone.
Baseball season has begun and I am grateful for a husband who makes such great efforts to be at the games. Jamie works long, hard hours but his love for his children (and baseball :) brings him out to the diamond. He hasn't missed a game yet!
Have you ever heard someone speak in church and felt like their message was meant just for you? Last Sunday in Sacrament meeting this happened to me. A man spoke on weaknesses and humility and his thoughts really resonated with me. In fact, I stopped him after church and said, "I know everyone always comes up to the speakers after they have spoken in church and tells them they enjoyed their talk but I really, really enjoyed your message today!" He talked about how our weaknesses are a blessing, they can make us humble and through that humility we can turn to our Heavenly Father and ask for his help. These small steps can draw us closer to God and strengthen our testimonies. I had never thought of my weaknesses as a blessing or a positive thing, only negative. This was an eye opener for me and now I feel truly grateful for my weaknesses...and I have many! I guess this means I am extra, extra blessed ;)
5 comments:
Jodi: You have such a love of life and are gifted with the ability to articulate this love in your writings. God has truly blessed you, and I don't mean with weaknesses! Love, Mom
I am grateful for you in my life. :)
Love the gospel art kit. That has provided many a FHE lesson in our home over the years.
I love you, Jodi. If everyone had a mom like you, this world would be heavenly. :)
I like your G list!
Yes, that has happened to me. A talk that pierced my soul and spoke truth right to my very core.
Those experiences are meant to strengthen us. We are SO blessed to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost to tell us the truth of all things.
God loves us so much.
Life is wonderful!
Post a Comment