Monday, September 3, 2012

5th Annual Back to School Dinner and Fashion Show...

The festivities began with a Back to School toast, dinner on fancy china and then...
 
 
the beloved FASHION SHOW!
 

As you can see...my kids are very shy and demure in front of the camera! Ha! As the music played and the camera flashed, they were striking poses left and right and Ellie even put money in her wallet and decided to throw coins to the crowd (as you can see in the bottom right picture). The kids are now officially ready for school!
What a fun night!
 
Side note...The kid's school usually starts a week after Labor Day but this year it started early. There was a church gathering at the local park on Labor Day that we planned to go to (and I thought the kids would be excited to attend) but Ben was extrememly disappointed to miss out on our annual Back to School dinner and fashion show. I told him that we could do it on Sunday instead and still attend the park party but he insisted that it just wouldn't be the same because he wanted to go to his first day of 4th grade with a yummy dinner still in his belly. Now how could I argue with that! I love that our family traditions are important to our children and that they would rather be home, just the five of us, then do anything else. What a gift!

No comments: