My big boy, Ben started 4th grade today and my little Megan started Kindergarten.
Oh boy, my kids are growing up right before my eyes!
Megan has turned out to be our little social butterfly and so she was busting at the seams to get to start school. She was SO EXCITED! The only noticeable sign of nerves was her asking for a kindergarten gift. Months before school started she asked me if she could have a little locket to wear to school. In her sweet, little 5 year old voice she explained that she wanted a locket so she could put our pictures in it and if she got sad or scared she would be able to take it out, open it up and we would be right there with her. Oh my land! How could I refuse that precious idea. We ran out and found one immediately :)
When I left her in her classroom for her first day of kindergarten, my heart tugged a little. I will miss this little one, who has always been a momma's girl, constantly by my side. I know she is ready to go out in to the world and spread her wings some, but I'm not sure I am ready. Wish I could keep her little for a bit longer. Sigh.
Now moving on to some more heart string pulling moments, my son is going in to the 4th grade! Let me just tell you...this is a weird moment for me. It just seems like yesterday that I was teaching BIG 4th grade kids. In fact, I remember so clearly bringing my brand new baby boy in to my 4th grade classroom and showing him off to my students and at that time I couldn't imagine my little Baby B EVER being big enough to be in a classroom like mine. But alas, the moment has arrived and I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it and admitting that he is just plain and simply growing up on me.
He is such a big kid, that once we got in to his classroom, he wouldn't even think about looking at the camera to allow me to take a picture of him...that would just be so uncool!
And then there was one...
Having a little one on one time with my Ellie is the silver lining!
Happy First Day of School 2012

No comments:
Post a Comment